Saturday, August 7, 2010

Chapter 3-Pretty Little Liar

Unfuckingbelievable! Patrick never picked me up for my doctor’s appointment. I keep texting and calling him, yet he’s not answering the phone.

“WHAT THE FUCK,” I screamed throwing my phone at the wall.

“Kaicee, sweetie, what’s wrong,” Donna asked coming into the room.

“I have a doctor’s appointment in fifteen minutes and Pat was supposed to pick me up after he got back from wherever he went.”

“Did you call him?”

“I called and sent him a text message, he’s not answering the phone.”

“I bet his battery died, he’s probably stuck in traffic since the beltway is backed up, I’ll drive you over there so you’re not late.”

“Thank you so much,” I said slipping on my flip flops as I followed Donna out of the house.

We got to the doctor’s office with five minutes left to spare, “Do you want me to come in with you,” Donna asked.

“You don’t have to, I’m fine by myself, thank you for offering though,” I replied giving her a smile as I shut the door to the car.

I signed in and sat down before I picked up a parenting magazine with a baby girl on the front that looked like Patrick. I tried not to let the tears fall as I thought about what he said to me last month when I first told him I was pregnant.

I’m going to be there for you every step of the way, I don’t want you going through this alone. I promise you that I’ll be there.

“So much for keeping a promise,” I mumbled to myself when the nurse called my name.

“Kaicee Carter.”

I closed the magazine and followed her to the back, “Room 2 on the right.”

I walked in and she shut the door. I sat down on the table and checked my phone, still nothing from Patrick. I sighed as I dialed his number but got the voicemail again, “Pat, it’s me again, please answer your phone. Just text me to let me know that you’re okay, your mom drove me to Dr. Stevens’ office.”

I laid back on the bed with my arm over my eyes to block out the light when I heard the door open. I sat up thinking it was the doctor when I saw Patrick gently close the door behind him.

“Where the hell have you been,” I asked with venom dripping from my voice.

“I was at James’ house.”

“I’m pretty sure you were able to answer the phone if you were there.”

“We were busy playing Mario Kart and my phone was on silent, I’m sorry I missed your calls. I would have answered, you know that.”

“Since when does Mario Kart give you a hickey,” I asked sarcastically pointing to the black and blue mark on his neck.

“James hit me with the controller.”

“How old are you,” I asked, “You’re a fucking liar, Patrick. I can’t believe you are lying to me in this doctor’s office while we are waiting to see if OUR baby is okay.”

“What do you care about what I do with my personal life anyways? We fuck, no feelings involved, remember?”

“I can’t believe you would rather be fucking some useless slut instead of being here for OUR baby. I don’t care about you Patrick but my God, this baby is a part of you and if you don’t get your act together soon, I will leave you without looking back, I mean it.”

Pat stood there staring at me not knowing what to say, “What’s the matter with you,” I asked, “Feel guilty for being a useless manwhore who fucked a random slut while his baby’s mother was lying in a doctor’s office alone.”

“She wasn’t a random slut,” he said barely in a whisper.

“Excuse me?”

“I’ve been dating her for six months.”

“YOU NO GOOD BASTARD,” I said raising my voice, “How could you do that to me?”

“Do what to you, you mean nothing to me. You’re just some chick I fuck that I can rely on, we got ourselves into a stupid situation that we are left to deal with for the rest of our lives and have no choice but to deal with it.”

His words cut me like a knife, what happened to the Patrick that wanted this baby just as much as I did even though we were both scared? I sat up and slapped him across the face as hard as I could. His head snapped to the side and he looked at me with fire in his eyes.

“Get out,” I said with my voice cracking, “I want you out of this room, out of my life, and out of my baby’s life.”

“That’s my baby too.”

“Not anymore it isn’t, now get the fuck out before I kick your ass.”

“Kaicee,” the doctor said coming in saving Patrick. I was grateful she did or else I would have smashed his head against the wall.

“This is Patrick,” I said putting on a fake smile, “He’s the baby’s father.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, now Kaicee lie back on the bed and I will get the machine ready.”

I lifted my shirt revealing my stomach and Patrick brought his hand up to caress my small bump. I slapped his hand away as Dr. Stevens had her back turned to us. Patrick glared at me and I turned my head towards the screen.

“It’s going to be very cold, I’m sure you remember from the last time you were here,” she said turning around. She ran the ball over my stomach and showed us the small figure on the screen, “There’s your baby.”

I smiled to myself not caring if Patrick was in the room or not, suddenly I heard a rhythmic beating and I felt a tear fall down my cheek.

“That’s your baby’s heartbeat,” Dr. Stevens said turning around and Patrick grabbed my hand. I pulled away and shot him a glare before Dr. Stevens printed out the pictures and wiped the gel off of my stomach, “Do you two have any questions for me?”

“No, I’m good,” I replied.

“Me too,” Patrick replied smiling and I wanted to smack the smile right off of his face.

“Great then we’ll set up an appointment for next month and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call me.”

“I’ll meet you in the car,” Patrick said coldly before he walked out of the room.

Once he was out of the room, I broke down. Even though I felt no romantic connection to him, I felt a pain in my stomach. It was like our baby knew that their daddy hurt their mommy.

I wiped the tears away from my eyes and walked out of the room and to the reception desk. I scheduled my appointment and walked outside. I saw Patrick leaning against his Tahoe and I started walking the other way when he started calling my name.

“KAICEE,” he shouted as I reached the bus stop outside of the doctor’s office.

“I don’t have anything to say to you.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Sorry isn’t going to cut it, I can’t fucking believe you lied to me. I trusted you.”

“I never meant to get a girlfriend, it just happened.”

“So much for not doing relationships, huh? You’re who they say you are Patrick Kane, a lying, manipulative, manwhore who doesn’t care about anyone but himself. I hate you, you’re lucky I want my baby to have a father or I would be on the first flight back to New York City.”

“Get in the car,” he said, “Please, I know you hate me right now but the last thing I want is you getting hurt and putting the baby’s life in jeopardy.”

I didn’t bother to argue, he did have a point. I wanted to keep my baby safe just as much as he did so I got into his car.

The whole ride home, it was silent. Patrick tried to make conversation but I just turned my headphones up louder to drown him out.

We pulled into a gas station and he pulled up next to a gas pump. He got out of the car and headed in to pay. I noticed his phone had fell out of his pocket. It started to ring and I looked at the screen.

I smirked as I saw, ‘Jenn<3,’ blink.

“Hello,” I said pressing the green call button.

“Hey is Patrick there,” she asked, “Wait a second, who is this?”

“He’s baby’s mother, who is this?”

“I’m his fucking his girlfriend.”

“Oh, so you’re the infamous girlfriend. I’m Kaicee by the way, his two year fuck buddy. You didn’t know that though did you?”

“Put him the fuck on the phone,” she snapped.

“No can do, he’s in the store paying for a tank of gas right now.”

“Put him on the phone right now, you whore!”

“I’m sorry the only whore here is Patrick, I really am pregnant though, have fun knowing that you’re dating a lying, no good scumbag who got a girl pregnant.”

I smiled as I ended the call and threw the phone back onto the floor.

Patrick got back in the car and picked his phone up, stuffing it back into his pocket.

“You might want to call Jenn back by the way, she’s really upset that you didn’t tell her you knocked someone up,” I smirked and his eyes went wide in horror.

“What the fuck is your problem? Why would you answer my phone?”

“It fell out of your pocket, rang, and I picked it up trying to be nice. I thought I’d share the wonderful news about our baby.”

“You’re a real bitch, I hate you.”

“Trust me Kane, the feeling’s mutual.”

We got back home and I got out of the car slamming the door. I walked into the house and was greeted by Donna who was asking us how the doctor’s appointment went.

“How’d it go honey?”

“Fine,” I said smiling and showing her the pictures, “We heard the heart beat today.”

“Do they know when your due date is?”

“Somewhere around March 17.”

“St. Patrick’s Day baby,” Pat Sr. said, “Little Leprechaun perhaps.”

I just laughed and Patrick walked into the house and into the kitchen. I heard a beer can opening and the patio door slam.

“ASSHOLE,” I yelled and Donna looked at me concerned.

“What the hell is going on here?”

“Why don’t you ask your no good, lying son who has had a girlfriend for six months and has been lying to us all?”

“HE HAS WHAT,” Pat Sr. shouted.

“A girlfriend, her name is Jenn, I found out today when he came to the appointment late because he was having sex with her. He told me that I meant nothing to him, that’s why he didn’t have to tell me that he was seeing anyone.”

“He said that to you,” Donna asked.

“Clear as crystal.”

“Patrick, let’s go we have some ass to chew out.”

“Kaicee, you’re coming with us,” Pat Sr. said. “We want to know everything he said to you.”

We walked outside and saw Pat on the phone arguing with some, “Yes she’s pregnant…she’s not a whore…yes it’s my baby…I don’t love her…breaking up is the smartest thing you’ve said all day…yeah yeah fuck you too, bitch.”

“PATRICK TIMOTHY KANE,” Donna shouted and Pat almost dropped his phone.

He quickly stuffed his phone back into his pocket and looked at the three of us standing there with wide eyes.

“H-hi mom,” he stuttered.

“Don’t ‘hi mom’ me, you little bastard.”

“What did I do,” he asked.

“You know damn well what you did,” Pat Sr. said snapping at his son.

“How dare you tell Kaicee that she didn’t mean anything to you. She’s the mother of your baby and my God, Patrick, you will respect her, Patrick. I raised you better than that,” Donna said.

“Why did I have to be that father of this kid, why couldn’t the baby be someone else’s mistake?”

“Well, now you should have thought about that before you thought with your penis two years ago,” Pat Sr. said, “Kaicee’s the best thing that has ever happened to you and I don’t care if you two love each other or not but my grandchild will have both of their parents.”

Patrick just stood there stunned, quite frankly, I was too. I never expected his parents to react the way they did. I didn’t know what to think, I walked back into the house and flopped down on the bed and went to sleep. When I woke up, I realized that it was nighttime now. I looked at the clock and saw that it was a little bit past one in the morning. I saw that Erica was asleep and I silently walked over to the dresser and pulled out a tank top and a pair of shorts to wear.

Quietly closing the door behind me, I slipped into the bathroom. I turned the hot water of the shower on and shed my clothes before I got it letting the hot water spray all over me. I was almost done washing my hair when I felt a draft in the shower. I looked up and saw Patrick standing there outside the curtain.

“Get the fuck out of here,” I said wiping my eyes.

“No,” he said sternly grabbing my hand.

“I swear to God, Patrick,” I began, “I just want to take a shower and go to bed. Please leave me alone.”

Sighing in defeat, he walked out of the bathroom. When he closed the door and I was sure he was down the hall, I broke down.

I wasn’t in love with Patrick, that was one thing I was sure of, but I did love our baby. I don’t know why Patrick did what he did. I wasn’t ready to forgive him, he hurt me in more ways than one. I knew we’d never be together but did he have to throw that up in my face.

I finished my shower when the water ran cold and I got dressed. I walked by Patrick’s room and the first night we started this whole thing came into my mind. I felt another tear fall and I quickly wiped it away. I was about to open the door to head back into the room I shared with Erica when Pat grabbed me by my wrist and pulled me into his room.

“Can we talk?”

“I’m done talking to you, you mean nothing to me.”

“I didn’t mean that,” Patrick said looking down at his feet.

“You said it though, didn’t you?”

“I’m so sorry, I was wrong. I should have told you about Jenn but I was afraid of hurting you. Let’s face it, even though it’s just sex to us, we’re attached. I let go of you but I didn’t know if you’d let go of me so I lied to her and I lied to you.”

“It’s not about her or me, it’s about our baby. Patrick, I spent half of my childhood without my dad and I don’t want my baby doing the same thing. I want you in their life but if this is how you are going to react then I don’t want you in neither mine nor theirs.”

Patrick just stood there not saying a word, I turned to leave and I felt his arms around me.

“I’m so sorry, I really mean it,” he said kissing my forehead, “Jenn’s not in my life anymore and she never will be again. I want my son or daughter to know their father and starting today I’m going to be here for you. I want to prove to you that I can be a father, you just need to give me another chance. You mean something to me, you’re the mother of my unborn baby. I know that I really hurt you today and from the bottom of my heart, I’m sorry.”

I finally wrapped my arms around him and gave him a hug, “Pat, I’m really tired, can I please go to bed?”

“Goodnight,” he whispered letting me go and I walked out of the room.

I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillows, I prayed to God that things would work out for the better for my baby’s sake but knowing my luck they wouldn’t, thanks to the man who lied to me the most, Patrick Kane. I knew we’d never be together but I was worried my son or daughter would be disappointed by a father who would lie to them every day of their lives.

2 comments:

  1. I like it a lot! Update soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved his parents bitching him out. cant wait for more :)

    ReplyDelete